WORDS OF WELCOME

WELCOME ALL! This weblog opens opportunities for you and me to meet on a platform as netizens. I'm a lecturer by profession, my patience include translation and language issues. That's the academia-side of me; for leisure, I love sports (was once an athlete but now confine myself to weekly routine of swimming). Also pulsing in me is music - ballad, pops,slow rocks and classics. I love movies- of actions, crime scene investigations and of course, romance too...! Join me if you have patience in my likings..welcome again.

Friday, July 16, 2010

When one gets lonely...

Here's a poem that appeared in a magazine that I read when I was still a school girl:

THE RESIDUE
The years behind and the days a head
The unknown road that you must tread
The unmapped path and the thorny track
It's almost enough to break your back.

To think of how you're going to bear
That heavy load with none to share
Just how far you'll have to go
You cannot tell you do not know.

Just keep a brave heart and greet each day
Believing yo're on the way
To something better something great
Something that will compensate.

You often find when all is told
That what you missed is not pure gold
For the real comes with the residue
Of what life holds in store for you.

2 comments:

  1. I have a favourite poem when I was in Highschool. I couldn't remember the whole poem, but these lines still clearly intact in my memory:

    When days are dark and friends are few,
    Remember me as I do you...

    It was printed on a bookmark with an image of a young lady in a black frock with a bunch of white tulips and yellow background.

    -urs, yenpeng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yen Peng. Thanks for the response. I have more pics taken at Wong Solo, some with you and Ehsan and the others in them.Will post them as soon as I can make it.

    ReplyDelete